Saturday, March 8, 2008

Responsibility? No Thank You!

There's still a part of me that welcomes in the visit of my parents for more reasons than just conversation and company. There is a part of me that likes not being the one in charge. Granted, I am an adult that embraces responsibility and, for the most part, handles it well. This doesn't take away from the fact that I like going to bed knowing other people are checking the doors to see if they're locked or making sure there are working flashlights in case we lose our lights in the storm. I like waking up knowing someone else has started the coffee or taken out the trash before it starts to permeate a ripe smell throughout the house. I like knowing that in the middle of the night if I hear some kind of strange noise that I can fall back asleep knowing someone else will be up defending the land. There's nothing quite like the sleep of no responsibility!

4 comments:

Ann Parri said...

I HEAR YA!

Unknown said...

Defending the land!? Another rough night with neighborhood drivers?

Anonymous said...

sleep away, Merrill, sleep away!

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it, that's why I keep the "esposo" around:)