Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mighty Fine Indeed

I woke up this morning feeling fine.
I woke up with Heaven on my mind.
I woke up with joy in my soul,
Cause I knew my Lord had control.
I knew I was walkin' in the light,
Cause I'd been on my knees in the night.
I prayed to the Lord to give me sight,
And now I'm feeling mighty fine.

I absolutely love this song! It has been sung in my house throughout the years thanks to my parents both attending FBC (back in the day!). It's a simple song with simple words, yet what peace and joy I experience when I have spent time in prayer and wake up thinking about the blessed assurance of salvation and the promise of heaven! The worries and cares of this world can often overwhelm me, but I must remember that this world is fleeting and our time here is short. I am a stranger here, for my home is in glory land.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad His roll is called up yonder!

RhetorMan said...

...oh yes, I'm feeling, feeling mighty fine,
I've got heaven, heaven on my mind.
Oh don't you know I want to go,
where the milk and honey flow-ow-ows.
There's a light that always shines,
down inside this heart of mine.
I've got heaven, heaven on my mind,
and now I'm feeling mighty, feeling mighty fine. Hey!

So, when will we read the lyrics to "Oh Sinner Man" ?

ME said...

Thank you for the daily reminder. This world is not our home, we are just 'renting' space here. I don't know why I so often let the worries of this world crowd out that wonderful truth. Thanks for the reminder.