Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The lure of coffee

As is typical upon waking up each week day morning, the first thing I did was strategically plan my escape from this dreaded thought of work. My plan for this morning was to call and say that my car didn't start. Granted, I wouldn't have exactly attempted to have it start, so in the art of a technicality, it wouldn't have been false. Yet, as I was pondering this very plan, a thought crossed my mind. I REALLY like the coffee at work. It's something about the mug I use and the vanilla flavored eight o'clock coffee with cream and sugar that happens to create the right combination of goodness. And so my plan of escape was thwarted, perhaps tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way.... The coffee has been Folgers! You're just so sleepy to realize it:)

Cindy Lynn said...

I've been deceived! Well, make no mistake, I might not be coming in tomorrow then! ;)

ME said...

Wow! So what do you do with a place that offers NO coffee to the employees in the office...that doesn't even have a coffee pot to make the bitter black brew even if they wanted it (which I do)...whose boss only drinks tea and then has to walk all the way down the hall to get hot water...what do you do with that, I ask??? It's a wonder I can even pull myself out of bed to go into work every morning. :)