Wednesday, March 5, 2008

lights, who needs 'em!

The light bulbs in my house have been systematically burning out for the past 3 weeks. Instead of driving to the store to purchase new light bulbs, I am merely trying to be creative in handling this dilemma. I have strategically moved them from the abundantly lit rooms to the rooms quickly becoming enveloped in darkness. I have no lights in the kitchen, back bedroom or hallway and reduced lighting in the living room and computer room. Because of this situation, I have begun to welcome in natural lighting with a renewed sense of gratefulness to the Creator! Although I do believe it is time to purchase new light bulbs when just this morning I was nearly blinded by the glaring light of a 40 watt bulb when opening the refrigerator door.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Now we know how you ended up with a $73. electric bill. What a novel new way of conserving! I mean...it has to be that, right? ME

Danielle said...

You go girl!!! Your own personal little coup against the power company ;) I still don't totally get how you did that when the house we're NOT living in with very little power running to it is costing us about twice what your bill did!!

Unknown said...

I just spat (spit?) on my computer screen because this was laugh-out-loud funny.