Wednesday, June 25, 2008

That's a wrap!


So let me just say, I've been spending a little time at work this morning reviewing how to tie a head scarf. Mom need not fear, she's in good hands! I can now make her look like an African queen. I have to be honest, there really is such elegance and art to how these head scarves (called gele) are tied, folded and molded to the head to make such beautiful creations.

I don't want to brag, but I was able to view the Advanced Gele Tying Course on youtube and so now can make an even more amazing creation. Just wait Mom, you give me 3 yards of material, 25 minutes of working and wrapping, and I'll be able to have you looking like this! Do you think you'll be able to get into the car?? Although really, with such royalty flowing through your veins, perhaps we can have James pick us up some groceries ;)

8 comments:

RhetorMan said...

It looks like an origami project run amok. I'm curious: What kind of wind drag will this create for the prius? I'm not spending all of this money to go green only to have you wrap a twenty-foot sail around mom's head that blows us into the far lane.

ME said...

I am speechless! But may I just say, either they are inclining their heads because they are royalty, or because these creations weigh so much on their heads that their necks cannot hold them up. This is a concern! But that aside...you gave me the best laugh I have had in a while. Keep it up, young grasshopper. You are doing good!

Cindy Lynn said...

Laughing? No, I'm so serious. I think it's positively beautiful! I'm going to begin working on my own gele tying repertoire, you know for when I marry my dark skinned fella and move to Africa! I wouldn't want to stand out ;)

Anonymous said...

I can totally see Mama Harle in something like this! I would go with a blue for her skin tone or mabye a royal purple! Good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great one!!
Nasa use's a device just like that to slow the shuttle when it land's..
However, this could be a marvel in the making, 3 yards of material in a contraption like that could then be converted into many thing's. A quilt, matching mom and daughter dress's, holiday tablecloth. Bring's back memories of Sound of Music when she takes the drape's to make the kid's play clothe's.
This could be a great recycling project, from headress to curtains you decide!!!!
Love,
Aunt Sooz

grandmmaper said...

How halarous!!!! I think mom would look great in the second one and you can start a new fad. I can see the ad now "Exotic Mom and Daughter head gear" I am sure you could even convince Christina to wear one of those while she is pleddling her fudge. Think of it.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why anyone would turn down your offer, Cindy. I'm on, because I have frequent less than beautiful hair days, and this would be the perfect situation!!! Sign me up for lessons! aunt c

running shoes said...

wow- is pretty much all I got, since it's all already been said with such eloquence.