Monday, June 2, 2008

control, i wants it

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I like being in charge. Oh sure, I like keeping the peace, but if you ask me which I prefer....I prefer being in charge. I like making decisions. I like knowing what's around the corner before I get there. I don't like surprises, and I absolutely detest the unknown. So you can imagine how difficult it is for me NOT to be in charge in the lives of the folks I love the most in this world. Yet when I eventually release my kungfu grip on this sweet little thing called control and take a step back, I am blessed with the sweet assurance that God cares more about the people I care about than even I do. The very same God that created this world from nothing loves 'mah peeps" more than I do. And if that's the case, well then, what more can I say... I'm good!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep on writin', chica. I love to hear your heart!

grandmmaper said...

A chip off the ole block going back many generations from both sides!!!!

RhetorMan said...

Who'd a thunk it? I thought you were just holding the clicker for me until I sat down to watch TV. This revelation answers many questions.

ME said...

Your 'peeps' are a lucky bunch! And you are absolutely right- God does love and care for us and ours even more than we do. How blessed we are!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Cindy, and well put!!! Keep in mind that we are all praying, and we are praying to the Great Physician, among other things. Today's devotional (the 4th) in the book from Grandma and Grandpa is perfect for this and everything else we can't control, which covers just about everything!!! aunt c