Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reasons why I'm really 80 years old

1. I'm tired, lately even when I wake up.
2. I think knitting has made my arm muscles sore.
3. I knit, nuff said.
4. I'm planning on going to bed before 10pm tonight.
5. I have crow's feet and age spots.
6. I talk about the latest medical breakthroughs with friends.
7. I contemplate pre-emptive medicine and procedures.
8. I love pearls and crazy, ugly lapel pins.
9. I sometimes feel I've already lived a full life.
10. I talk about "the youth" like they're decades younger than me.
11. I'm a bit of a prude.
12. I just want to wear my hair in a bun, not worry about fashion.
13. I like playing cards, your Grandma's card games like canasta.
14. I want to be a librarian and wear cardigan sweater sets.
15. I hope to meet a nice man that can still walk and has most of his teeth.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. me too.
2. well, it happens....to peopel who knit, that is.
3. yeah, that bad. just own it.
4. sorry to say, own this one too. lol
5. crows feet means you laugh!
6. I think thats called "intellegence"
7. again, "intellegence"
8. cindy, cindy, cindy. LABEL PINS!
9. I do too
10. the youth these days are sooo......
11. Rock on!
12. comfort over style? Pick me, pick me!
13. cards are cool!
14. librarian: so cool. just take off your glasses, shake your hair down, ect. ;)
15. ok, I just got some teeht removed, dont' go telling me this makes a person unellegable!

The cousin you most admire and aspire to!

Danielle said...

Cindy, there's not much you've said that doesn't describe me to a "T". 2 things, however, I differed on: I don't knit, but would LOVE to learn (I consider that to still be rather geriatric - just pining away for the ability to knit), and I'm not still actively looking for a man with the qualifications you described ;) Still, I sometimes think the same thing about myself, "How can I not yet be 30 and still feel so old?" ;)

Cindy Lynn said...

Thanks for the solidarity, girls! It really is very comforting to know I'm not the only 80 year old trapped in a late 20-something's body ;)

ME said...

Ok, as far as knitting, I can't think of a more back-to-nature eclectic "green" thing than knitting. Taking the God-given gift of the sheep and using that to create an artistic expression of creative significance is just so avante garde! And science has now proven that getting the appropriate amount of sleep helps you to be able to intelligently discuss the latest medical breakthroughs. Kudos for that! I could go on but will stop and say...I think you are cutting edge here. Avante garde if you will. You are being true to yourself which is what all of us strive for regardless of how old we are.

Cindy Lynn said...

Oh, and Danielle....I'll SO teach you how to knit. In fact, let me add to my growing list:

#16. Hopes to begin a knitting circle with like-minded geriatrics.

Danielle said...

;) Ha! I'm there! ;)

Anonymous said...

What can I say, my Cindy. In spite of your list, you don't come across as old, and regardless of age, I have a feeling you'll still be delightful and funny and a pleasure from your late-20-somethings to your actual 80-somethings!!!!! It's a pleasure to read your musings!!! aunt c