Saturday, June 7, 2008

Downloading Fool!

I have just discovered the incredible greatness of podcasts. Oh sure, I had seen them before when playing around in itunes, but never really checked them out or what kind of podcasts there are to enjoy. Because of a recent conversation I had about some great pastors/speakers, I decided to check out if they have their sermons online. Not only do they have them online that you can listen to, but podcasts you can subscribe to and download. Incredible! The possibilities are limitless, for they don't just have the podcasts of their sermons, but the chapel services at their seminaries and so forth. Let's just say, I have enough listening material to keep me busy for the next year! But wait, it gets better! For the same introductory price of FREE....there is now this thing called itunesU which is an organized educational podcasting center for all sorts of lectures by prominent faculty at prestigious universities. All you have to do is press the little "download" button and you can be hearing lectures by MIT, Harvard and Oxford faculty. Which means, dear readers, that education is now available to the masses, thus making the weight of that piece of paper hanging on the wall in offices everywhere a whole lot lighter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cindy, Cindy....How did you just discover this?!! I have been doing iTunesU for well over a YEAR!!

Did you know my beloved RTS was one of the first to launch this? :)