Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yea, I'd tap that....

This morning I stopped to get a bagel and coffee at my local Panera. As I walked back to my car, I noticed 5 decked-out firemen pushing a woman's car down the street and up the hill into the Panera parking lot. I had to pause for a moment, smile, and make a particular noise of appreciation (you know the one, when a woman with some flava sees a fine looking fella, she lets out a little mmm-mmm-mmmmm!!!). There is nothing quite like seeing brute strength in action, and from firemen no less. They had kindly pushed her car all the way to Panera and then walked her bags and personal belongings back to where she was standing.

And if that wasn't enough sweetness for my morning, I drove past that grouping of firemen only to see another set of about four of them (all decked-out in uniform of course) walking down the street, in front of my car, as I was waiting to merge into traffic. I tried to telepathically signal to the Escalade in front of me to take its precious time, that I was very much enjoying the sights. When it came for my turn to go, I pulled out slowly (you can't be too careful!) and took my last look. To my delight, however, there was yet another grouping of about 5 who had pulled into the gas station with the fire truck to assess the damage on another vehicle. Now I'm sure most people would see all of this glorious, manly chaos and be thankful that they were not a part of it. Unfortunately, I was actually a little jealous when I saw the girl surrounded by so many good-looking men who appeared to be making sure she was ok. My question is, how can you not be?!

Thank you Winter Springs. Really, thank you!

2 comments:

ME said...

Oh, Cindy, Cindy...allow me to take you back to Drivers Ed 101. First, at all times, you must keep your eyes on the road ahead. Do not allow yourself to be sidetracked by superfluous events around you including watching firemen assisting a damsel in distress. Furthermore, do not allow your mind to wander while driving by daydreaming of yourself being the said damsel in distress. I reiterate...at all times, keep your eyes and mind firmly glued to the road ahead! Ok, this ends your remedial course in proper driving rules. Cindy...are you listening??? Cindy...

Anonymous said...

I can help ease the pain of having something that the damsel in distress doesnt have. And you can still keep to the drivers ed class with both hands on the wheel.
I have a calendar of the Palm Bay Fire Fighters (ever so hot!!! may I add) that I can send to you. I know the year is 1/2 over, but trust me it is not about the months and days on the calendar that are important. I could even have it personally signed by all of them is you would so desire to have this lovely piece of artwork on your wall.
As you know we just had all of the bad fires in Palm Bay and these fellows needed someone to feed them. Well in the Harle family you learn how to cook, and prepare food for the masses, so my staff and I pulled together 3 meals per day for 5 days. What a priveledge it was to serve the fire fighters while they were taking care of us. Take care, and please let me know if you want the calendar sent to you. You will not regret it!!!