Monday, June 2, 2008

No applesauce? What the?


Can you believe it? I am out of applesauce! There isn't any in the refrigerator OR the pantry waiting to be opened. I noticed this when I was making me some delicious barbequed chicken this weekend, and I thought about what to have with it. In any proper Shenk family home, the answer to that is always, APPLESAUCE!!!! It makes every meal complete. You just have some pineapple wedges on a bed of lettuce?? No worries, serve some applesauce next to it and suddenly it's a well-balanced feast. Don't feel like you can have just spaghetti but don't have all the stuff to make a green salad....it's all good, applesauce it up!! So when you start rifling through your fridge and there's no applesauce to be had, it's as if no meal could truly be complete, EVER! Needless to say, I will be making a trip to the grocery store and I know exactly what aisle I will be headed to first!

4 comments:

grandmmaper said...

I agree whole heartedly agree with you. There is NO SHENK family that should be without applesause. Infact I just opened my last jar to go with meatloaf for supper and I will be buying another one. hxehxg

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

I love it with a little cin. sprinkled on top...yummy yum yum...

Unknown said...

I have NEVER eaten applesauce at your place. Thanks for making feel like part of the family.

Harumph!

RhetorMan said...

Particularly when the applesauce was homemade. All of those jars sitting on the shelf supported many wonderful meals together.