Sunday, June 22, 2008

My preferred lifestyle

With life continually dishing me out a healthy dose of reality, I'd like to pause for a moment to consider a typical day in my preferred lifestyle. I would rise with the sun just beginning to beam its rays into my bedroom of my adorably simple and cozy old Florida style cottage. My feet would swing out from under the covers and touch the coolness of my terraza floor. I would greet my kitties as I walk out to the kitchen to brew some coffee, which must be leisurely enjoyed while catching up on current events that I read from the newspaper that is thrown onto my front porch every morning.
With the morning in full swing, I would change into my swim clothes, jump in my 1957 Chevy convertible and drive to the springs to enjoy the early morning ritual of old Florida natives taking an invigorating swim in the rich coolness of 72 degree water. It's so peaceful to enjoy nature in the early morning hours. Of course with these early waking hours, I could have all of this done by 9am. The question is what to do with the rest of my day. I'm pretty sure I would need to tend to my flower beds, water my indoor plants, put some fresh food and water out for my kitties, perhaps take a nap on the sun room after finishing my latest great read purchased from the second hand bookstore in town.
The afternoon hours would be spent with some light cleaning, relaxing cooking and perhaps creating a painting or two to hang on the wall. I'm not a very good painter, but I remember seeing a flyer from the local art studio where they were offering some beginning courses for the benefit of the community. I might have some close friends over for some dinner and we can discuss the happenings of town and lives of our families and friends, perhaps while playing our favorite card game and sipping our gin and tonics. Yup, just give me 40 more years and a room at the Sunny Ridge retirement village and I'll be basking in the greatness of my preferred lifestyle.

2 comments:

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

I was about to say, it sounds like you are dreaming of retiring soon!

Danielle said...

I am so there. . . only give me about 2 weeks though ;)