Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My thoughts, in random order

1. I dislike hospitals. I started to hurt just sitting in the waiting room. No matter what bed was being wheeled by, I knew I had what they had, by transference. It's totally possible.
2. I like knowing I can call people at whatever hour of night and demand they pick me up and let me hang with them, even if they force me to get a cart and push it around for them, thanks chica ;)
3. Life feels better when the house is clean. Perhaps cleanliness really is next to godliness.
4. Work seems a million miles away. Thank you Lord for a job where I can simply say I'm taking days off and it not be a big deal!
5. Coffee is not only soul-satisfying but after watching about 50 rotations of the same 15 minute news segment yesterday on channel 13, they assured me it is heart-healthy.
6. French fries are sounding quite possibly the most delicious thing imaginable right now.
7. I aggressively knit when trying to wait patiently. I think the cute little blanket I'm working on might have about 20-30 rows that are a LOT tighter than the rest of it.
8. Daytime television really IS as wonderful as I always think it is when I'm sitting at my desk whittling away the prime of my life for payday.
9. Today is one of those days where life has brought me and those I love most in this world a lot of pain, but still I say, blessed be the name of the Lord.
10. I have a great family, that's my wonderful mom, dad, sister, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, all of them. What sweetness!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo sorry for your pain, sweetie!!! If having pain shared helps in any way, rest assured that your pain is shared. You have a very valiant, courageous mother, and I am priviledged to know her!
I read this morning that 'the joy of the Lord is your strength', and I am thankful for Him and the peace he gives in the most trying circumstances.
Anything we can do, we long to do!!
As you head back to work, maybe you can spend some of your time figuring just exactly how close you are to retirement! :)
aunt c

Danielle said...

Hey Cin,
You've got some good ways to soothe yourself - I've used many of those myself on ocassion ;) You and all your family are in my thoughts.

ME said...

Yes, Dear, I say right along with you, "Blessed be the name of the Lord." I appreciate your humor and the way you look at life. You are in the trenches right along with us and I appreciate you so much. I am a blessed mom. Love you Dear!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I to am blessed to have a niece like you, we are a blessed family. The Lord truly took some quirky people made an awesome group and called us Family. We share in the great and happy times as well as the times that challenge us to our very core. You are a wonderful example of a christian women with amazing faith. I am here if you want or need to talk, any hour of the day.

Love,
Aunt Sooz

grandmmaper said...

I too share you pain. Don't forget it doesn't hurt to let others see you cry. Remember Christ cried a number of times in scripture. You are a special grandaughter whose Christian faith is shinning bright and I know you are an inspiration to your family. Your mother and father has taught you well. Yes, your parents are very special to all of us and our responsibility in sharing in their pain is to pray fervently for them and all the decisions they have to make. The "whys" of life we may never know, but we do know know the "WHO" in life that we can put our trust. Thank you Lord for all your promises.