Thursday, May 15, 2008

Please, don't make me do that....

There are few times in life that you get to enjoy the sweet fellowship of friends for an entire weekend. I am about to embark on a 3.5 day/3 night trip to the beach with 4 other girls I went to school with. I am very much looking forward to it, so long as no one gets the bright idea to make me karaoke. I have to admit, this mini vacation reminds me of a particular cruise I took with two of the greatest and adventuresome girls I know! I believe the highlight was when we (more THEM) decided to walk a small ways down what appeared to be side streets through Belize City in order to get to the water taxi company. Immediately I recognized the fact that we were not among tourists, but locals. Most of the time I'm all for vacationing with the locals, but not when on a cruise. I prefer to be surrounded with other sunburned cruise ship tourists, safety in numbers so to say. I feel that the cruise boat would definitely leave if 3 girls were missing, but would maybe re-think it if it were 50. We climb on the boat along with about 20 other people and their luggage to take roughly a 45 minute boat ride to Caye Caulker. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful! While there, though, I had already embraced the fact that the taxi would not come back to get us, and we would have to fly home by ourselves. Is there even an airport in Belize? Thankfully I did not have to figure it out. In the end, the girls were right (and I'm not fond of saying that!). I would have missed out on one of the most fun adventures if I had baulked at the idea of leaving the city limits. For anyone reading this, do not think it means I'm down with karaoke, but it does make me realize that some of the sweetest memories a person can have take place when you are wishing you were somewhere else!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Attention ladies going with Cindy on this beach trip: Please DO video Cindy karaoking, and then share when you get back! My thanks in advance!!!

Cindy Lynn said...

Save it sista! Ain't no one videoing nothing cause there won't be a second of Cindy singing to capture on film ;)

Anonymous said...

tragically there was none! plenty of pictures on Facebook though!