Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just don't cry on me ok....

I was recently driving by a church that had on its sign "As the mother is, so too is the daughter". I have to say, I lucked out on this one. I happen to have the best mom in the world! She is the toughest yet most gentle woman I know, and boy can she make me laugh. So, as I read the sign, it had me thinking. Do I have the attributes of my mom? I believe I have many, but not all (which is a shame). I think like her, plan like her, worry like her, love like her and serve like her (nobody contest that last one, it would only hurt my feelings ;) I don't think I'm as tough as she is or as gracious, but she has a few years on me so I'll hope for the best! I don't think moms in general get enough recognition for the hard work, love and tears they put into their families. So here's to you Mom!! I will be completely blessed if I am able to look back over my life and say, "As the mother is, so too is the daughter" :)

3 comments:

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

Cindy, that was super sweet. I hope that Iveigh will look at me like that one day!

ME said...

You say these wonderful things and you don't want me to cry? right! You are a gem..a wonderful, kindhearted, generous, gracious woman who loves life and laughs easily and who desires above all to live her life pleasing to the Lord. I enjoy hanging around with you. Not every parent can say that. Thank you for your strength and support through everything. Love you, Dear.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on the great mother you have thing. She impresses the socks off of me in SOOOO many ways!!!! Well put, Cindy! C