Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Crossin' Over

I was chilling at my local BAM last night, doing some reading, when I came across a book that raved over the benefits of tea. I continued reading, dejected at the thought that this was not about the benefits of massive coffee consumption. The benefits are numerous, too many even to list here on in this post. Thus, I have crossed over to the dark side, and I'm going to begin drinking tea instead of coffee. (insert high pitched female scream akin to a friday night horror flick) Here are my concerns:

1. My soul will cease to be satisfied
2. Caffeine withdrawal
3. Disliking myself for I instinctively dislike tea drinkers
4. I'll have to use the restroom more
5. Unhappiness will overtake me and I will shrivel up and die

I believe these to be valid concerns. I will inform you of any progress that might happen along the way. I'm giving it 30 days to figure out if it really does have all the benefits the book claims it does. If not, I will gleefully return to my coffee drinking days when happiness abounded but my life was marked to be infinitely shorter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm ticked. I just left you a beautifully written comment and because I can't read poorly scripted letters in your stupid word verification, IT DELETED EVERYTHING!!!

Did I mention I am ticked?????

That's it. I'm throwing tea into Boston Harbor.

Cindy Lynn said...

Take heart! I know you can recall the beautifully written comment you were going to leave. For now, thanks to my continual curiosity, I MUST receive it ;)

mokidoku said...

I'm already on my second cup of Blackberry sage this morning - it's delish and revitalizing! ;) Nothing like hot fluids in the a.m.!

Ann Parri said...

Wow.. noble and all.. but.. life and eating are more than just sustainance (sp?). Soul satisfying is an important quality too.. take it from one who's life has brought her into contact with waaaay too much tea.

Anonymous said...

It's probably too late for you to read this, my Cindy, but I take strong exception to your dislike of tea drinkers. : ( I thought we were friends and you liked me. My heart is broken, and it is too late at night to have another cup of tea to mend it. Sad!!!!! Aunt C