Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't Fence Me In

I had a beautiful realization today. I realized how much bigger God seems when I'm outside. I know that it is the result of my limited understanding, and imperfect nature, but sometimes when I am sitting at my desk at work, surrounded by these four cubicle walls that my view and purpose of life can feel so limited that unfortunately I also allow that to limit my perspective of God's infinite power. God is not to be contained in any measure. It's just that this understanding is more clear to me when I'm outside. His design for the universe and control of every detail are visible when you see all the beauty that nature has to offer, from a blue sky to rich, dark thunder clouds and from a bird chirping all the way down to ants crawling on the ground. So my new mantra is "don't fence me in"! Let me not allow the imperfect nature of my surroundings influence my understanding of the perfectness of God!

2 comments:

ME said...

Don't fence me in!!! I love it. I'll make that another mantra of mine too. I'll put that right up there with "it is what it is," and "you can only do what you can do." Don't fence me in! And I so appreciate your thoughts on the biggness that is our God. He is in control of all things. Thanks again. You are wise beyond your years.

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

You need..."wide open spaces..."
That is a Country Song, my friend..