Friday, May 23, 2008

I've heard it all



This morning I had a conversation with a woman who works in the same building as I do. Many times she comes in to use our paper cutter or fax machine. Her daughter recently got married to a service man who is currently stationed in Iraq (three cheers for military men!). Apparently, her daughter is missing her husband and finding a job after graduating hasn't been going well so they she and her mom are planning a vacation to Las Vegas!! Now, to many, Vegas is considered the best kind of vacation. You can enjoy some relaxing by a pool, drink some fruity drinks, eat cheap steaks and enjoy the continual glow of daylight from the strip. For this mother/daughter duo, however, they are going for a completely different reason. They are under the assumption that their woes of life will be answered by attending a male review. With all the loss of innocence these days, I was quite proud of the fact that I had no idea what a male review was. As I furrowed my eyebrows signaling my puzzled confusion, she comically tried to explain to me what exactly it entailed without actually using the word "stripper". I was so aghast that the only thing I could come up with was, "well let me just heap my self-righteous judgement on you by saying FOR SHAME!!!!" I truly was rendered speechless. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure many a woman has trespassed over the threshold of such an establishment, but to proudly say she is going to get some good bonding time in with her recently married daughter, again I have to say FOR SHAME!!

5 comments:

ME said...

What a slap in the face to the service man who is under the mistaken impression that his wife is being encouraged to remain true to only him while he is away fighting. He better wake up and smell the coffee and realize who his mother-in-law really is.

Cindy Lynn said...

Ahhhh...you mistakenly think it was the mother's idea to go to Vegas. No indeed!

ME said...

Ahhhh! That's even worse!

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

ewwwww....

Judith said...

Fo' SHAME! Her hubby is fighting for peace and she is "reviewing someone elses assets"! Fo' SHAME!