Monday, August 4, 2008

Civic Duty


Finally, and I do mean FINALLY after being an actively registered voter for 10 years, I finally have been called up, summoned if you will, to partake in my civic responsibility of jury duty. I am so excited! I know most people when they see that red-inked envelope sitting in their mailbox begin ticking through each and every possible excuse of why they couldn't be put on a jury, but not me. I marked the day on my calendar, happily asked off work, and began wondering just what kind of trial I might be placed on. Somehow I like having the responsibility of someone's fate in my hands. Now there's no need to panic, I would rather see ten guilty individuals roaming the streets than one innocent behind bars. I think I'm going to begin watching my favorite courtroom movies in preparation. I have also created a list of phrases that I just hope I get to shout out from the jury stand.

1. GUILTY!!!!!!
2. You can't handle the truth!
3. Try it again, that glove SO FITS!
4. I'm out of order? You're out of order!
5. Bailiff, take him away!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it does not fit, you must acquit

Sooz

Anonymous said...

Judge not lest ye be judged????


Tough decision when they're guilty..........

Besides you can't put me out of a job....

UB

Cindy Lynn said...

I wouldn't dream of it UB, so don't you worry...I'm deciding now whoever I get is totally guilty. I'll tell 'em to say hi to you on the flip side ;)

*disclaimer: while funny, this comment is a complete joke. I would never, and I do repeat NEVER, mention you or anyone else in my family by name when in the court of law, unless you're my one phone call hehe

Unknown said...

I am so calling you Barney Fife for the next month.

I've always wanted jury duty.....And did you know you're not allowed to blog about the case? (once you get called)

Anonymous said...

Nope. Seems like Cindy didn't read the small print with this letter she got. I wonder if that has any effects ... hehe

Anonymous said...

Your UB laughed and thoroughly enjoyed your response to his response!!
You, our Cindy, are a citizen extraodinaire! (I looked up the spelling!:) )Our fore-fathers would be proud!!! I hope, since you are so excited about this, that there actually is a case, and they choose YOU!!! Save all your thoughts and blog your heart out when it's over!!! That would be some great reading! Maybe they will be ready to try the 'I still feel she is near', 'Well, of course she's partying; she is 22, after all' mother by then. That would be fascinating.
Well, congratulations, Civic-minded Cindy! aunt c

Looking to move! said...

Ah, yes the days of Jury duty. I was called on a case one day and wanted it to last at least 1 week. I wanted to be put in a hotel and eat junk food for a real reason. Nope, not me, just a 1 day case of a guy who got caught drinking and driving. GUILTY!!! Throw the book at him. Then you find out later, this is the 5th time the joker has done this. Go figure!