Monday, April 14, 2008

What can I say...

Sometimes I just have days of feeling like I work a worthless and unrewarding job. I have days where I feel unproductive and completely unpopular. I feel awkward, unstylish and backwards. I make awful mistakes. I say the wrong thing. I embarrass other people without meaning to. These moments don't last long, but they are there. Yet, It is in these moments that I realize I am nothing save the love of my Savior, and the grace He has chosen to give me. If there is any good in me, it is because of Him. His love transforms me, making me able to remove the "un" and the "less" in these phrases and be made into a woman of worth, reward, productivity and style who speaks with love and eloquence. Only He is able to take my red cheeks of embarrassment and replace them with the glow that comes from being forgiven.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand that this may be how you feel sometimes. Just know that I never think of you as akward, unstylish or unpopular. You are a wonderful friend and I love and appreciate you!

Anonymous said...

I thank God you're here to help me keep my sanity. Stay put as long as you want and know that you ARE appreciated! :)

Cindy Lynn said...

I plan on doing just that Anonymous ;) Where else would I get such good stories for my blog?

RhetorMan said...

Did you get nasty with a "hostile intruder"? Where's the love, the tolerance, the ability to overlook a little "hostility" in your day? Sounds like someone has the "Mondays."

Rhetor on, Woman. Let them hear you roar!

Danielle said...

O'er in my neck of the woods, we attribute days like that to hormones. Cin - is it that time? ;)

Cindy Lynn said...

Ahhhh sweet Danielle...never affraid to throw it out there! Not that it is anyone's concern, but no....besides, I wasn't aware that it had to be that time to be grateful for God's grace?? ;)

ME said...

Yes, I echo your thankfulness that the Lord give us sooooo much grace. Thankfully, His strength is made perfect in our weakness. But don't sell your graceful, kind, humorous, lovely, beautiful, encouraging self short. You are truly a wonderful daughter, sister, granddaughter, cousin, niece, and friend. Our world is so very rich because you are in it. You are loved!

grandmmaper said...

Cindy, I think everyone of us goes through days like that, but we are all uniquely made and yes,God has made us all special. You are so special in our lives and your sense of humor is a gift of God. I get my one laugh sometimes after reading your blog. Don't underestimate the ability God has given you. You're great.