Friday, April 25, 2008

Cha, Ching

Today I received not only my regular bi-weekly paycheck, but my sweet reimbursement from Uncle Sam. My plan is to leave the funds in my bank account for a couple days and revel in the fact that I don't have to ration out $22 for the next 5 days which is an all too typical scenario. Don't you worry folks, I'm not suddenly able to pack it up and retire with all these riches. It's as if the money isn't even there with the fact that I'm saving for school, which starts in August. For the next two or three days, though, "I'm loaded with papers"!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oooh, I'm envious! I just wish our little government recession check would arrive soon - that'd be nice. We can use to em. . pay the electric and upkeep at our other non-selling home. . (I won't even go there. . .).

Oh, also, I know I'm not the only one who is none to impressed with our new 'names' on you site. . . "Dunny???" - you've been talking to my sister WAY too long!!!

Unknown said...

You only spend 22 bucks for 5 days?!?!

RhetorMan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RhetorMan said...

Great. So, I need my peeps to lend me some papes.

Like you, I too will be hitting the books, returning to easier days, like the ones we enjoyed at Ollie Rollie Collie. I remember it now: Leisurely listening to Socky beautify Jane, lounging restfully as Twila turned composition into pain, and hearing intensively as Drs. Lezlie, Edward, Jill, and Gail introduced us to Shakespeare, Emerson, Poe, and Crane. And, as if I could have forgotten, there were those epiphanies when an All American or a late Thursday evening at S&S smoothed out the difficulties that now seem so simple. So here's to school and all that goes with it. Let's pay some tuition and get some smarts

Ann Parri said...

I too am reveling in my current windfall. It's glorious to get money from the government!