Wednesday, September 16, 2009

random insight into my mornings....

So every morning, my dear sweet kitty Shakespeare practically breaks down my bedroom door in order to be near me. He is not a very noisy kitty, but as if on cue with my alarm clock, he begins to meow so loud and so mournful that I always think something is wrong. Every single morning, I greet him with a little trepidation about what I might find to be the problem. He meets me right at my bedroom door, waits for my feet to be right next to him and then begins to take me on a journey through the house.

I always wonder if he's trying to show me something terrible or if he is desperately trying to alert me to something that's going on in the house. I treat him as if he's Lassie about to show me where Timmy is hiding in the well, or in this case if something has happened to Annabel. I follow him around as he keeps pace with my feet. Inevitably, every morning he leads me directly to the same spot...his favorite window. I lean over the table in front of it, pull the blinds up just enough so he can see outside. He settles in on his cozy blanket that sits on the table and curls up.

And yea, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I'm the one who's Lassie ;) Maybe Shakespeare can train me to bring him treats on command next.

3 comments:

ME said...

Hahahahahaha! Yup, I think you got that right, Lassie! :)

Anonymous said...

Very funny, Cindy girl!!! Does he let you sleep in when you don't HAVE to get up early? C

grandmmaper said...

Sooooo interesting!!! I am sure if you would want to sleep in, that it wouldn't be for long. Just one little peep out of you and he will be there. When we had Smookie, he would paw the bedroom door so loud it would wake us up. Even without claws he put up a racket. Yes, they have personalality and are somewhat demanding. Cindy, just put the blind up right before you go to bed and see what he goes to the window without bothering you.