Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a poem

Ode to a Yellow Jacket

There once was a yellow jacket, alive and well
Until that fateful day into my shower he fell

All pretty and yellow with rings of black
It's sad that for survival he has no knack

Round and round the water did swirl
"You've stung your last!", said one very sweet girl

Resistent til the end, this critter did struggle
His life in my hands, I carefully did juggle

All too soon it was over from one final crush
And into the toilet for a really quick flush

3 comments:

grandmmaper said...

Oh, what a cute poem. Didn't know you were a poet...

Cindy Lynn said...

Not usually Grandma, but I just thought when a life has to be flushed down the toilet....it needs a little poem to commemorate ;)

Anonymous said...

Soooo funny, Cindy!!! And, I have to agree, she must have been a very sweet girl to commemorate this lost life with a poem!