Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cindy Crawford? What?

Yes, this conversation has to get blogged. Picture a voice that is sort of old man grossness, while mine is far from amused with a hint of dry humor that only I'm picking up on.

Me: Hi, this is Cindy. I'm calling to get an invoice for an order I recently placed.
Him: Not Cindy Crawford? heh heh heh
Me: No, I don't believe so. Nor do I think she would be making her own calls should she choose to speak with Omega Engineering, the world's leading supplier of engineering parts and manufacturing.
Him: (uproarous laughter) Oh man, that was good. Well you never know do you. So tell me. Is it true what we see up here in the pictures?
Me: Excuse me?
Him: Is it true, the pictures we see of all the co-eds and girls walking around in Florida.
Me: I wouldn't know what kind of pictures you're looking at.
Him:(Similar uproarous laughter)You know, the pictures we see up here of Florida and all the scantily clad women walking around on the beaches. It's as if no one in florida is out of shape.
Me: Similarly, I would think everyone in Connecticut owns toboggan sleds and white lab puppies, or at least that's what I see in the LLBean Catalog.
Him: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh man, you're a sharp one. No wonder they have you working at the university.
Me: Anything I can do to get me through having to make phone calls and ask for invoices.

7 comments:

~Praying Through Life~ said...

oh man...flashbacks from when I worked in an office for contractors. At least you're a sharp one!

Anonymous said...

Is it true that all university people are smart and make lots of money? From the pictures I have seen about university people, they always look smart and rich. That's the life for me, rich and smart.

Anonymous said...

OMG! It's funny but not really. He was creepy.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy.....Another missed opportunity for the Florida housing market. Tell the northerns yes all the women look like that. Also tell him the amazing part is they all go for older men. He'd be down within a month and buying a forclosed house down here.


B

Cindy Lynn said...

They all go for older man...you're crackin' me up!! That's brilliant :) I was really just trying to get off the phone before things got any worse. You know, just in case it was being recorded for quality assurance purposes!

Lindsey said...

ah, cindy...sounds like you encountered a cocaine addict at work. you did great :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Cindy. Dirty old men, or any dirty men, are sickening in the extremest terms! On a more pleasant note, your picture is so nice!!! Very nice, indeed!!! aunt c