Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All about men!

Dear Readers-
It comes with much introspection, and events as of late that I have begun to ponder what truly makes a man worthy of attention. If you had asked me at 16, 22 or even 26, I probably would have given you a different answer each time. Rather than suggest the rubric for a person's worth changes with the seasons, it is I who has changed. Maturity and, at times, reality can make our clouded judgement clear again. So for the earlier post when I said muscles were the end all of what makes a fella attractive, I have new insight to share! I was sent these words by a friend of mine, and I thought I would share them with you. Disclaimer: While it does not mention it, I think the true worth of a man (and a woman!) is given to us by the grace of God alone. I have no worth outside of the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.

The Strength of a Man
The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders;
It is seen in the width of his arms that encircle you.
The strength of a man isn't in the deep tone of his voice;
It is in the gentle words he whispers.
The strength of a man isn't how many buddies he has;
It is how good a buddy he is with his kids.
The strength of a man isn't in how respected he is at work;
It is in how respected he is at home.
The strength of a man isn't in how hard he hits;
It is in how tender he touches.
The strength of a man isn't in how many women he's loved by;
It is in his ability to be true to one woman.
The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift;
It is in the burdens he can understand and overcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very good insight my friend! Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I'm keeping this.

~Praying Through Life~ said...

I liked that...

Danielle said...

Doesn't it just kill ya to ask so much of the menfolk out there??? Such a high standard ;)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, my Cindy!!! Soooo much more important than a nice muscular body! Of course, we also have to be the right kind of woman, which certainly begins with the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, and then continues with Him shaping us to be like Him! I'm thankful for that He cares!!!! aunt c