Saturday, February 23, 2008

Old, yet new. I'll explain

I posted this recently on Myspace, but yet again the thoughts came up in a conversation I had at lunch with a wonderful friend of mine. I'm really posting it again here so I will be reminded of these truths when I log in to read and update my blog.


*WARNING*WARNING*WARNING
Disclaimer: Reading this blog is going to make you so light-hearted and carefree that you will want to be sipping a fruity drink out of a pineapple while sitting on the beach at Chankanaub!

I love thinking while I'm driving! Today had some good thoughts. I have been reading Max Lucado's book "Traveling Light". Yesterday I finally got to the chapter about the burden of worry. It gave the best illustration for what our focus should be. It was about a large ship and how if it takes on water each compartment starts to seal off holding the water in that one area and not letting it infiltrate the rest of the ship causing it to sink. The book applied that illustration to our lives regarding worry. Our focus should be on today alone. All of the past, the dead yesterdays, should be sealed off on one side and the future, the unborn tomorrows, should be sealed off on the other. I was pondering these very thoughts on my way to work this morning when it hit me. This is the day that the Lord has made. How different that verse would be if it had been written "These are the days". That would change the entire focus to be inclusive towards our past, present and future. Instead the verse is distinctly singular. THIS is the day that we should be living. The Lord will lead us to the next day and give us the strength to handle that one when it comes. Until then, it is but the step in front of me that is my only concern.

No comments: