Friday, February 22, 2008

My own understanding, and lack thereof

I do believe the Lord was writing specifically to me when he wrote in Proverbs, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart. And do not lean on your own understanding." How I use to just recite that as a kid in school without really thinking about the words. Recently, I have been confused over a particular situation. I have asked friends what they thought, read books on the subject (each one having its own opinion and idea) and evaluated by comparison. Yet, I am still confused. I remember writing some thoughts down quite a few months ago when I faced the same type of uncertainty. I wrote, "Frankly, my own understanding is even what I would call logical reasoning. The Lord above transcends all of that! His wishes and desires make more sense than even the most rational of human thought. So I shouldn't be trusting people, I should be trusting the Lord! And if my trust is in the Lord to have my best interests at heart then my heart is always safe and secure." How true it was then and even more true today. The Lord has so many blessings in store for His children. Thankfully, they are blessings that surpass even my wildest thoughts and understanding of what would be best for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of how awesome is our God. Even oldsters can be blessed by being reminded again of the promise in the rest of that verse in Proverbs, "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Thanks for such good insight.