Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No Coffee??

Conversation with coworker over how to handle this treacherous situation.

CW: That was the last of the coffee.
Me: We're out of coffee?
CW: We had better make sure to stop and get a cup on the way in tomorrow.
Me: What? You don't think she(boss) is going to bring in more coffee?
CW: I don't think so.
Me: What? Her go without coffee? Impossible!
CW: Well she will figure it out when she goes to make it next.
Me: You didn't get rid of the container?
CW: Ok throw it out, but don't close the trash can lid all the way.

(This is the point where even contemplating a clandestine throwing away of the coffee container so that I wouldn't go one morning at work with an empty cup should have been the low point of addiction.)

The coffee container was too big to fit through the lid on the trash can so I had to take the topper of the trash can off to place the giant blue maxwell house container inside. Yet, it wasn't visible. So I was halfway through pulling the coffee container back out through the trash can lid, so the lid would rest on the can and it would be visible to the world, when she walked in. My efforts dashed, I quickly pushed the container through the lid and acted as if I was valiantly throwing it away for good. I'll be stopping by Starbucks tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on! How can you not enjoy coming to work with all this fun! See you at Starbucks!

Anonymous said...

So, after all that...is someone buying coffee to make? That's all I would want to know. Just tell me...IS SOMEONE BUYING COFFEE TO MAKE IN THE MORNING????!!?? Hello, a staple. I think we already established that. :) Good luck in the coffee purchasing department. Hope it all works out. ME