Saturday, December 13, 2008

Laugh, Cry.....Remember

I was driving home from work friday afternoon trying to simultaneously organize my final exam in my head. My thinking was stopped when I saw a bumper sticker on the back of a car. It said simply, "Laugh, Cry....Remember". It got me thinking about the things I remember and whether or not they make me laugh or cry. Here are a few I came up with.

I remember.....
1. How excited we use to get at the thought of going to secret lake park to play on the playground.
2. Sitting in the back of the station wagon while singing the donut song on the way to dunkin' donuts.
3. Racing to see who could crawl under all the pews the fastest.
4. Wanting so much to be thought of as cool in 5th grade. (Why didn't someone tell me that no one is cool in 5th grade?)
5. Mr. LeMaster using an overhead projector and transparencies to teach math. I thought he was so advanced.
6. Not wanting to go to the hospital to see my mom after she had surgery. (If only I had realized how much she didn't want to be there either!)
7. How good it felt to tell the little girls in my camp cabin about the love of Jesus.
8. The smell of Orlando Hall.
9. The first time I realized that I had legitimately been lied to at work. I just didn't understand how some people are simply ok with that.
10. How incredible it feels to be noticed.
11. Spending more time cutting out tombstones and decorating the office than actually working at the CPRD.
12. Being scared out of my mind that I had contracted some crazy disease in Mexico (sun poisoning can look life-threatening!)
13. The accomplished feeling of getting an acceptance letter in the mail.
14. Hearing mom's keys jingle down the hall as she rounded the corner to meet me for lunch.
15. How good it feels to submit finals and for the first time in months not have anything I should be doing.

4 comments:

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

=)
Mr. Lemaster was pretty advanced, huh?

Cindy, your posts always make me smile!!!! Yeah, for a break...!

Danielle said...

- Yes - I feel like it was good that we got in the Halloween mood at the office too. I also remember everyone trying to come up with some catchy names to put on the tombstones ;) HA! What a great job!

ME said...

Wow, the things you learn from a trip down memory lane. The crawling under the pews thing was a new one for me. Go figure! How nice it is that the majority of those memories are the kind that make you laugh. I pray that will always be the case. Love you, Dear!

Anonymous said...

Great memories, Cindy!!! I'm going to have to do that! aunt c