Monday, December 15, 2008

DMV

Appointment time: 8:15am
Time arrived: 8:05am
Time seen: 8:07am, Incredible!

Disclaimer: This DMV post does not discuss the time delay in being seen. If you ever go to the DMV, make an appointment. There were about 20 people standing in line when the DMV representative came out and said, "Does anyone here have an appointment?". I raise my hand. I'm the ONLY person who raises their hand. He then ushers me past all 20 people to walk into the office first. I resisted the urge to turn around and say, "suckers!".

Conversation with DMV person, Ralph.

R: That will be $20
Me: Here you go
R: We don't accept Visa
Me: Excuse me?
R: We don't accept Visa. We accept credit cards, just not that one.
Me:(Tapping to the card I was sent in the mail) You should put that on there, you know.
R: (silence)
Me: What if I didn't have any other form of payment. I'd have to come back. Oh my goodness, I would be so upset!
R: (silence)
Me: (handing over another card, kinda smiling) And I thought Visa was everywhere you wanted to be.
R: Not here
Me: Well then I guess this isn't where you want to be (I chuckle, I can't help it. I am alone in the chuckling)
R: Please sign here.
Me: Wait a minute, I thought you said it was $20.
R: There's a dollar charge for using your credit card.
Me: Are you serious? I think that's something else you should have said.
R: Go have a seat while I print your new license.

Front receptionist: Would you like to fill out a survey?
Me: Gladly.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Who doesn't accept VISA? Like you said though - the DMV really isn't a place you want to be ;)And speaking of the $1 charge for using credit, ever been to a gas station where the second you swipe your card at the pump, the gas price goes up about 3 cents a gallon? - Ya, false advertising! A little honesty goes a long way folks!

Anonymous said...

SO funny!! Gotta love those government organizations that have to do everything backwards. I love that you continue to mock the issue even though you know that Ralph is annoyed. LOL!!

~Praying Through Life~ said...

Ha, Cindy...!
You made Stephen and me laugh out loud this time!
I've found that there is always a story that comes from a trip to the DMV...!

Anonymous said...

So funny, Cindy girl!!! I'd love to have been that fly on the wall and watched the whole thing!!! aunt c