Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh the trials...

During these weeks with mom post chemo, I have to say I'm faced with many hardships. Oh sure, some would say they are of an emotional type, seeing someone you love not feeling well and the scariness of what this all really means. I completely disagree. Oh that's tough, no doubt, but the trials I'm talking about are of a completely different kind. I'm a list girl, so I figure I'll make a quick list of the top five gems:

5. Hours of flipping through mindless television, afternoon programming is not what I once thought it was.
4. Being told "no", A LOT. How about some peaches? No. poptart? No. orange juice? No. frozen yogurt? Funny, but No.
3. Moving to the porch to sit because it's a change of scenery. It's the same view people, just different furniture.
2. M*A*S*H- Seriously, it's an oddly depressing yet weirdly funny show, and it's on ALL afternoon long. Mom loves it.
1. Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup. The stuff is orange, and I'm surprised every single time mom thinks it might just be the one thing she can get down. GROSS.

4 comments:

ME said...

M*A*S*H...and bean with bacon soup. Sounds like you are in paradise. I know you said that your life has reached a low point with that...but, really...that's good stuff. I think I even heard you say that you are starting to like bean with bacon soup AND M*A*S*H. So, see, you are learning to like the finer things of life. Retro-style. We had good things back then. 'Bout time you youngins learned what is good! Glad I could help!

Anonymous said...

I'm dripping with sympathy here, Cindy! Just about any TV is mindless and noisy, etc., and none of us like being told No, but Bean with Bacon soup really is pretty good, and moving to the porch for a change of scenery makes 100% perfect sense. The view is your lovely backyard, and sun and sky, and I just know the company is great whichever room is being used!!!! Hmmm, maybe you should start your questions with the soup; you'd possibly get fewer no's that way! :) Praying for all of you! aunt c

Danielle said...

Wow. . . You're really having a rough go of it, aren't you? I can totally see afternoon TV with M*A*S*H as a focal point leading to one's insanity. And that soup sounds kind of scary. . Have you thought about trying to whip up a batch of homemade bean and bacon soup? It probably at least wouldn't be orange. As for hearing 'No' a lot - maybe this is just the process that it's going to take for you to begin maturing a wee bit. . . ;)

Cindy Lynn said...

Shut it Danielle, I'm already oozing enough maturity as it is ;) And I've learned from my boss that it's just tomato and/or ketchup that makes the bean and bacon soup orange. I can live with that....look, maturity in action!