Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just Add Color :)


It's been a really long time since I've done any coloring, but something about the school supply aisle at my local Target caused me to consider this age old treat. The deal was sealed when the dollar depot had Hello Kitty coloring books on sale for $1.00. Combined with my new 64 pack of Crayola crayons, complete with sharpener on the back, this creative activity was mine for a mere $3.64. I can't tell you how cathartic coloring can actually be. I flip through my coloring book, decide on a particular picture, and begin the process of choosing my favorite color scheme for that page. And then as the crayons brush over the picture, it's as if all the stress and responsibility of life seem to melt away leaving nothing but me and my (perhaps a bit too much at times) intense focus on the task at hand, coloring. I highly recommend it for anyone ages 3 to 99 :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I soooo agree. I recently rediscovered the therapeutic joy of coloring. It's great! Forget yoga and get out the crayolas!

Anonymous said...

It is fun, and some people have great talent in their coloring. I know some of them but, alas, am not one of them. I'll bet you do! C