Thursday, March 19, 2009

the boring gets blogged too....

I know all of my faithful readers are dying for me to write a new post. It's just that nothing of interest has really happened lately. And so, consider this the post which lists all of the boring things as of late. Brace yourself, you might need some coffee to make it through.

1. The strap on my shoe has started to give, I think I have only a couple times more wearing them before I need to just chuck 'em.
2. I ran out of "sign here" stickers at work and had to order some new ones.
3. Last night, my kitties fought over who would get to sit closest to me.
4. I'm starting my research on metadata and AARC2 cataloging rules, big group presentation. I had to google "metadata".
5. I'm seeing how long I can go before I really do have to clean out a container in the back of my fridge. It's getting a little suspect.
6. I made a paper clip bracelet at work. I also cleaned my keyboard.
7. Yesterday I coded all of the exam answer sheets so they would be anonymous. That was 10 exams, 6 questions each, roughly 5 pages an answer which equals to 300 pieces of paper that needed a white label placed on it and a code given.
8. This morning I spent 20 or more minutes clearing the copy machine of a paper jam.

I know, you envy my life.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

Cindy - you crack me up ;) Don't worry, you're not the only one lead a truly riveting life. This morning I've busied myself with cleaning up Kyla's various messes produced only this AM (water all over bathroom floor, tupperware out, books out, food all under table) and now I'm getting ready to join her for some play-do fun. . . Can you tell I've been checking my fb whilst drinking coffee between all the monotony to stay awake and grounded?

Cindy Lynn said...

That's so nice Danielle, so you're saying it took more than just coffee but also fb checking to keep you awake while reading my blog. Your sweet comments are what keep this friendship kickin' ;)

Danielle said...

no - I'm saying that I'm checking the fb, YOUR BLOG, and drinking coffee to make me feel somewhat connected to life outside of the *permanent clean-up zone*. . . Though the coffee was helpful in getting through your blog ;)

Unknown said...

Haven't we talked about this before?! I've told you what 'metadata' is!

You have more patience than I do with copier machines. I'm the one that sees a jam and turns a blind eye.

Cindy Lynn said...

Now see, I'm pretty sure you just told me that YOU knew what metadata was. I don't remember you sharing this knowledge with me, hence the googling!

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

I read this thinking of Ben Stein's voice the whole time ;)

ME said...

I love it! And I didn't even have the benefit of regular coffee:0! You make boring sound...prosaic, and you do it better than anyone I know. :) Thanks for the fun blog!

Ann Parri said...

Boring.. and yet I laughed the whole way through. (Not at you.. you just have a funny way of writing even boring things.) I'm not sure which I liked better - the shoe problem or the kitties' jealousy.

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it - I've been crying for the past two days. Not because of anything in particular, of course, which makes it even worse.

Cindy Lynn said...

Whoa...crying for two days?? I think it is safe to say you got some preggers hormones 'a raging haha :) Then I'm glad my boring blog post was able to make you laugh. Although if it made you laugh the entire way through and Danielle had to drink coffee just to get through, you might want to up the levity you experience throughout your day a little more haha Love you Sis :)

Ann Parri said...

Unfortunately, coffee is not as satisfying as it usually is... which is heartbreaking!!! :( I have to find joy in life without my beloved beverage. And so.. I carry on....

Anonymous said...

I'm way behind here, but I loved the blog and all the comments. Although there are some definite downsides to the whole pregnancy thing, Kilikina, the end result is wonderful, and we are sooo happy for you!!! aunt c