Saturday, January 3, 2009

Justice

Disclaimer: Because I have been raised by the mom that I have been truly blessed with, she has instilled in me the fear of "big brother". As in, don't say that "they" might hear you, or don't do that "they" might see you. Before you know it, you'll be on a list, you know, the list "they" monitor!! And because of this, I will be writing a post that is tame compared to my true ideas. Just take this post and multiply it by 100 so you know my true feelings.

Note to "THEM": If you find my post a problem, please let me know.

So we were sitting around our family's (grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins) lunch table discussing some of the local talk on individuals awaiting trial and other criminals (yes yes, innocent before proven guilty, I know!) in the area who are filling up our jails. Did you know that our taxes pay to PROTECT these criminals in prison?? It's called protective custody, and it was the first time I had actually thought this through. The really awful prisoners get special protection in prison so the other inmates don't "do away with them". Let me just say this..I think there should be a separate justice system for those people who are upstanding citizens and a different system for inside prisons. Can't the guards just turn a blind eye and what happens happens? I mean, wouldn't that in a sense cut down on the costs of prisons and the amount of funding it takes to take care of all the prisoners?? Just let them do what they're good at.....you know....criminal activity! Let them use their "skills" in order to weed out the really dangerous ones from the rest of the group. I don't see the problem with this!

Let justice be served.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should all fry! If not by the justice of the legal system than by the justice of the internal prison system!!

Anonymous said...

Beware: We are watching you

-THEM

~Praying Through Life~ said...

Wait, but then it turns into the survival of the fittest...and then all you are left with are the REALLY dangerous ones that are crafty and strong enough to "do away with" the weaker criminals. Heaven forbid someone get thrown into the madness for unpaid parking tickets...

Anonymous said...

Having been there for the whole discussion and heard the blog read by author (a rare privilege!), I can only say it was fun to be there. If you ever hear from "THEM", please let me know!!!! aunt c