Thursday, June 11, 2009

Note to Self

This is being written as a reminder of the following things if ever I get the idea that I want to eat in restaurants, shop in various stores, drink coffee at Starbucks, or even hang out with friends night after night.

1. I like being home.
2. I like eating dinner at home.
3. I like making my own coffee whenever I want it.
4. I like the quiet of being alone.
5. I like feeling productive by cleaning.

On a more interesting note, I frequently think that parents these days are too selfish. It's obvious, however, that if I stick to this list my life as a single girl is entirely focused on me. I'm not sure if that's best, but I happen to have plenty of time in the peaceful quietness of this evening to contemplate it while drinking some delicious coffee....that I made....when I wanted it.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

HAHAHA! You so remind me of myself sometimes. . Obviously we both have pretty strong introverted tendencies. . There's no reason we should HAVE to spend time with other human beings (the cats REALLY are sufficien).

Ann Parri said...

Cats sufficient... um no. Let's not be weird recluses now. :P

Referring to your blog post though, yes, it's amazing how nice it is to sit at home alone with a good cup of joe and enjoy the quietness. I do this in the morning occasionally (while Gwyndaf is still fast asleep!), and I love it.

~Praying Through Life~ said...

I'm not sure....I just kept reading the "parents are selfish" part of this blog...it stuck out like a gray hair...=(

Cindy Lynn said...

Oh now now, don't be getting dramatic on me Kelli ;) There are so many parents that I see, I would never mean someone I know and love! I would, however, lovingly point out a gray hair haha

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be truly horrible to be be so uncomfortable with yourself that you HAD to be always with others doing, doing, doing so you never had time to think??? Alone time is precious and vital and, at least in my case, more and more necessary as I get older. I do hope I am not getting too 'set in my ways'!!!!! Yikes!! aunt c

Cindy Lynn said...

I am completely set in my ways! As I get older; however, I'm starting to not fight it so much ;) I'll leave just enough room as necessary for adventure so I'm not a complete routine-based recluse haha

Looking to move! said...

One thing I can't wait to do in life is to own my own coffee shop so that I can make friends and money while enjoying my favorite beverages.

I can just see it now, a northern little downtown with a coffee house, and an apartment upstairs. Ah, yes, life is good!