Friday, February 20, 2009

Ahhh retrospection....

I have to say it's an interesting thing to spend some time at an oncologist's office. It is a serious battleground between living in the moment and pondering over one's life. I sit here chilling, and while I have plenty of work to do, I can't help but listen to the woman sitting next to me talk to the nurse. The conversation vacillates between wanting to eat a piece of pizza for lunch and discussing how this is the time in life that it's beneficial to have a husband or someone to be with you. She discusses how she was completely awful to her ex-husband and especially his new wife. I can't help but wonder how life will be for me should I ever have to go through any of these things. There is so much uncertainty in life.

What I am certain about, and for sure the only thing I am certain about, is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am certain of His constancy and continued presence in my life until I am with Him in eternity. I am certain of His great love for me even though I will never deserve it. I am certain that He alone is the keeper of justice and that my imperfect idea of what is just will probably never match His wisdom. I am certain that should I ever have to go through something so serious that I would not be alone for God himself has promised to never leave us. I cling to this truth as the only thing necessary for my joy. It is all I have sometimes, and that's ok.

5 comments:

Ann Parri said...

Thanks for those thoughts... They're really good.

ME said...

Thank you, my dear! I am humbled by your insight and words of wisdom, and completely blessed that you are my daughter. I am not sure how you do it, but you many times have just the words that I need to hear at the moment. Especially when I decide to rant....You are loved!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Cindy, so true!!! It is a wonderful thing to have that now and eternal security! aunt c

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kilikina, congratulations and hallelujah on your exciting news!!!! We are so happy for you and all the family, and we are praying for you all!! aunt c

grandmmaper said...

As I read your and your mothers blog, I just had to stop awhile to regain my composure. How blessed I am to have a family like this. One who has blessed me, prayed with me and has many words of wisdom for each other. Thanks for your thoughts. Love you. Gma